Make yourself this delicious broccoli salad with garlic-tahini dressing. This wholesome high-protein dish combine the best that broccoli and edamame have to offer into one nutritious salad. Done in just a few minutes!
- Instant Pot
- 800 g. 11 ½ cups Broccoli florets Chopped
- 70 g. 1 small yellow onion Diced
- 6 Garlic cloves Minced
- 30 ml 2 tbsp Water
- 60 g. ¼ cup Tahini
- 2,5 g. ½ tbsp. Kosher or sea salt
- 180 g. 1 cup Edamame thawed
- 2 tbsp Organic lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Organic lemon zest
- Toasted Sesame seeds
- Add 1 cup of water (not listed) into the IP. If available, fill the IP steamer basket with the broccoli florets and place it on top of the steamer rack that comes with the IP into the pot. Alternatively, add the broccoli florets directly into the pot.
- Secure the lid and set the Pressure Release to Sealing. Select the Pressure Cook setting at low pressure and set the time to 2 minutes.
- Once the 2-minute timer has completed, QPR. Select the Cancel setting.
- Open the pot and lift out the inner pot using oven mitts, drain the hot water, and transfer the cooked broccoli florets into a bath with cold water.
- Dry the inner pot, put it back in the IP, and select the Sauté setting on the IP.
- Let the pot heat up for a minute. Add the diced onions and cook while stirring constantly until softened, for about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the minced garlic.
- Deglaze the pot with the water and add all the ingredients except for the cooked broccoli florets and lemon. Continue cooking the ingredients for about 1 minute before selecting the Cancel setting.
- Put the lid back on and allow the ingredients to cook on the residual heat for about 5 minutes.
- Open the pot and add the broccoli back in. Transfer the inner pot into a bath with cold water using oven mitts and if desired, into the fridge for a few minutes.
- Transfer the broccoli salad into a bowl and top with the juice and zest of the lemon and optional sesame seeds. Serve cold and enjoy!
Nutrition Information (per serving):
246 Calories. 21,5 g. Carbs. 10,9 g. Fat. 15,5 g. Protein. 11.9 g. Fiber. 4,5 g. Sugar.
This recipe is part of our ‘High-Protein Plant-Based Instant Pot Cookbook’. In this book you’ll find a collection of delicious oil-free one pot meals with only 8 ingredients per recipe. The dishes you’ll make with this cookbook nourish your body with plenty of proteins and all the nutrients you need to thrive on a plant-based diet while helping you save hours of time, and prevent waste.