This exciting twist on lasagna features two delicious beans. Everything you love about lasagna and beans is mixed together in a comforting bowl of delicious, nourishing soup. Serve this protein-rich soup for lunch, dinner or as a side!
Bean Lasagna Soup
- Instant Pot
- 200 g. 1⅕ cup Dry cranberry beans
- 200 g. 1 cup Dry white beans
- 6 Garlic cloves Minced
- 1320 ml 5½ cups Vegatable Stock
- 225 g. 1 cup Tomato sauce
- 7 g. 2 tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 16 g. ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 100 g. 6 sheets Lasanga pasta sheets Broken into strips
- Freshly chopped oregano
- Crushed cashews
- Fresh lemon juice
- Soak the cranberry beans and white beans in plenty of water for 8 hours or overnight, drain and rinse under fresh water. Alternatively, use the hot soak, Instant soak, or Instant boil method as explain here.
- Select the Sauté setting on the IP and let the pot heat up for a minute. Stir in the minced garlic before selecting the Cancel setting.
- Select the Pressure Cook setting at high pressure and set the time to 6 minutes.
- Once the 6-minute timer has completed, QPR and add the lasagna pasta sheet strips.
- Select the Cancel setting, secure the lid, and set the Pressure Release to Sealing. Select the Pressure Cook setting at high pressure and set the time to 2 minutes.
- Once the 2-minute timer has completed, allow a 10-minute NPR and then switch the steam release handle from Sealing to Venting to release any remaining pressure and steam. Select the Cancel setting.
- Open the pot and transfer the bean lasagna soup into a bowl. Top with the optional garnishes and serve warm. Enjoy!
This recipe is part of our ‘High-Protein Plant-Based Instant Pot Cookbook’. In this book you’ll find a collection of delicious oil-free one pot meals with only 8 ingredients per recipe. The dishes you’ll make with this cookbook nourish your body with plenty of proteins and all the nutrients you need to thrive on a plant-based diet while helping you save hours of time, and help you prevent waste.