This oatmeal apple crisp with cinnamon and Medjool dates is a mouthwatering breakfast to start your day with. It is nutrient-rich, naturally sweet and easily prepared in your Instant Pot!
Instant Apple ‘Crisp’
- Instant Pot
- 180 ml ¾ cup Unsweetened almonk milk Or any type of non-diary milk
- 80 g. ½ cup Steel cut oats Certified gluten-free if needed
- 180 g. 1½ Pink Lady Apples Cored, chopped
- 4 Medjool dates Pitted, minced
- 8 g. 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 30 g. 1 scoop Soy protein powder Or pea protein powder
- Full-fat coconut milk
- Planed Almonds
- Starting with the almond milk, add all the ingredients except for the protein powder into the IP.
- Secure the lid and set the steam release handle to Sealing. Select the Pressure Cooksetting at high pressure. Set the cook time to 1 minute.
- Once the 1-minute timer has completed, allow a NPR for 5 minutes and then switch the steam release handle from Sealing to Venting to release any remaining pressure and steam. Select the Cancel setting.
- Open the pot and stir in the protein powder.
- Transfer the buckwheat porridge into a bowl topped with the optional garnishes. Serve warm and enjoy!
This recipe is part of our ‘High-Protein Plant-Based Instant Pot Cookbook’. In this book you’ll find a collection of delicious oil-free one pot meals with only 8 ingredients per recipe. The dishes you’ll make with this cookbook nourish your body with plenty of proteins and all the nutrients you need to thrive on a plant-based diet while helping you save hours of time, and help you prevent waste.