Pinto Salsa Bowl
- 400 g. | 2 cups Pinto beans cooked or canned
- 1 small Hass avocado peeled, stoned, cubed
- 10 Cherry tomatoes halved
- 60 ml | ¼ cup Lime juice
- 15 g. Fresh cilantro chopped
- When using dry pinto beans, soak and cook ⅔ cup (133 g.) of dry pinto beans according to the method.
- Transfer the pinto beans to a large bowl, and add the halved cherry tomatoes, avocado cubes, and chopped cilantro.
- Add the lime juice, stir thoroughly using a spatula and make sure everything is mixed evenly.
- Divide the pinto salsa between two bowls, garnish with the optional toppings, serve and enjoy!
- Store the salad in an airtight container in the fridge, and consume within 2 days. Alternatively, store in the freezer for a maximum of 30 days and thaw at room temperature. The salad can be served cold.
This dish, and 75 other 5-ingredient high-protein recipes are found in ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 86 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘.
Get a 10% discount for the printer-friendly pdf by using the code: PROTEIN
Click here for a full list of International retailers like amazon for the kindle ebook, paperbacks and hardcover versions of the book!