5-ingredient Gingerbread Protein Bars
- 280 g. | 2 cups Almonds raw and unsalted
- 10 Dates
- 40 g. | 4 tbsp. 5-spice powder
- 60 g. | 2 scoops Soy protein powder chocolate flavor
- 40 g. | 4-inch piece Ginger minced
- Preheat the oven to 257°F/125°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the almonds on the baking sheet and roast them for about 10 to 15 minutes or until they’re fragrant.
- Meanwhile, cover the dates with water in a small bowl and let them sit for about 10 minutes. Drain the dates after soaking and make sure no water is left.
- Add the almonds, dates, 5-spice powder, protein powder and ginger to a food processor and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Alternatively, add all ingredients to a medium bowl, cover it, and process using a handheld blender.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Add the almond mixture to the loaf pan, spread it out and press it down firmly until it is 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick all over.
- Put the loaf pan in the fridge for about 45 minutes, until it has firmed up.
- Divide into 8 bars, serve cold with optional toppings and enjoy!
- Store the bars in an airtight container in the fridge, and consume within 6 days. Alternatively, store in the freezer for a maximum of 90 days and thaw at room temperature.
This dish, and 75 other 5-ingredient high-protein recipes are found in ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 86 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘.
Get a 10% discount for the printer-friendly pdf by using the code: PROTEIN
Click here for a full list of International retailers like amazon for the kindle ebook, paperbacks and hardcover versions of the book!