5-ingredient Teriyaki Tempeh Lettuce Wraps
- 400 g. | 1 (14-oz) pack Tempeh
- 60 ml. | ¼ cup Teriyaki sauce
- 1 Red onion small
- 50 g. 1 cup Carrots julienned
- 4 Lettuce leaves Large
- Cut the tempeh into small cubes, put them into an airtight container and add the teriyaki sauce.
- Close the airtight container, shake well and put it in the fridge, allowing the tempeh to marinate for at least 1 hour, up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the tempeh cubes onto the baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until the tempeh is browned and crispy.
- Lay out 4 large lettuce leaves, add a quarter or the tempeh to each leaf, and top it with the minced red onion and julienned carrots.
- Serve with the optional toppings and enjoy!
- Store the tempeh in an airtight container in the fridge, and consume within 2 days. Alternatively, store it in the freezer for a maximum of 60 days and thaw at room temperature. The tempeh can be served cold or reheated in a toaster oven or a non-stick frying pan.
This dish, and 75 other 5-ingredient high-protein recipes are found in ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 86 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘.
Get a 10% discount for the printer-friendly pdf by using the code: PROTEIN
Click here for a full list of International retailers like amazon for the kindle ebook, paperbacks and hardcover versions of the book!