Spicy Lentil Burgers
- 400 g. | 2 cups Lentils cooked or canned
- 140 g. | 1 cup Almonds
- 3 Dates pitted
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 40 g. | 4 tsbp. Burger spices
- When using dry lentils, soak and cook ⅔ cup (133 g.) of dry lentils according to the method.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend into a chunky mixture, scrape down the sides of the food processor to prevent any lumps if necessary.
- Alternatively, crush the almonds, add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mash them into a chunky mixture.
- Put all of the mixture on the baking sheet, flatten it into a 1-inch thick square, cut the square into 8 patties and if preferred, shape each patty into a 1-inch thick disk before baking.
- Bake the patties for 15 minutes, then take the baking sheet out of the oven, flip the patties and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Take the patties out of the oven once the crust is crispy and browned, then let them cool down for about a minute.
- Serve the patties with the optional toppings, whole wheat buns and enjoy!
- Store the patties in an airtight container in the fridge, and consume within 3 days. Alternatively, store each patty separately in the freezer, using Ziploc bags, for a maximum of 60 days and thaw at room temperature. Use a microwave, toaster oven, or frying pan to reheat the patties.
This dish, and 75 other 5-ingredient high-protein recipes are found in ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 76 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘.
Click here for a full list of International retailers (http://happyhealthygreen.life/cookbooks/5-ingredient-high-protein-cookbook)