5-ingredient Red Lentil Pasta
- 300 g. | 1½ cup Red lentils cooked or canned
- 150 g. | 1½ cup Whole wheat pasta dry
- 20 g. | 2 tbsp Rosemary fresh or dried
- 150 g. | ½ cup Pistachios shelled
- 60 ml. | ¼ cup Lemon juice
- 60 ml. | ¼ cup Water
- Put a large pot over medium-high heat and add the vegetable stock along with the green lentils.
- Bring the water to a boil and turn the heat down to medium.
- Cook the lentils for about 15 minutes, without covering the pot, remove any foam produced by the lentils and stir occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme to the pot, bring the heat down to a simmer, cover the pot with a lid and let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the stem, seeds and placenta of the bell pepper and dice the flesh.
- Add the bell pepper to the pot, then make sure to stir well and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and let the soup cool down for 5 minutes.
- Divide between two bowls, serve with the optional toppings and enjoy!
- Store the soup in an airtight container in the fridge, and consume within 2 days. Alternatively, store in the freezer for a maximum of 60 days and thaw at room temperature. The soup can be reheated in a pot or the microwave.
This dish, and 75 other 5-ingredient high-protein recipes are found in ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 86 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘.
Get a 10% discount for the printer-friendly pdf by using the code: PROTEIN
Click here for a full list of International retailers like amazon for the kindle ebook, paperbacks and hardcover versions of the book!