5-ingredient Split Pea Soup
- 440 g. | 2 cups Split peas dry
- 200 g. | 1 (7-oz) pack Smoked tofu cubed
- 1200 ml. | 5 cups Vegetable stock
- 2 Onions small
- 4 Carrots sliced
- Put a large pot over medium-high heat, then add the vegetable stock and the split peas.
- Bring the stock to a boil and turn the heat down to medium.
- Cook the split peas for about 40 minutes and don’t cover the pot.
- Remove the foam produced by the peas and stir occasionally.
- Add the smoked tofu cubes, carrots and onions to the pot, then bring the heat down to a simmer, cover the pot with a lid, let it simmer for another 20 minutes and make sure to stir occasionally.
- Turn the heat off and let the soup cool down for 5 minutes.
- Divide the soup between two bowls, serve with the optional toppings and enjoy!
- Store the soup in an airtight container in the fridge, and consume within 2 days. Alternatively, store in the freezer for a maximum of 60 days and thaw at room temperature. The soup can be reheated in a pot or the microwave.
This dish, and 75 other 5-ingredient high-protein recipes are found in ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 86 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘.
Get a 10% discount for the printer-friendly pdf by using the code: PROTEIN
Click here for a full list of International retailers like amazon for the kindle ebook, paperbacks and hardcover versions of the book!