5-ingredient Tomato Curry Fritters
- 1000 g. | 5 cups Chickpeas cooked or canned
- 2 Sweet onions diced
- 12 Sundried tomatoes
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 40 g. | ¼ cup Curry spices
- When using dry chickpeas, soak and cook 1½ cup (330 g.) of dry chickpeas according to the method if necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the chickpeas, onion, sundried tomatoes, garlic and spices to the food processor and process them into a chunky mixture.
- Alternatively, mince the sundried tomatoes and mash them together with the chickpeas and other ingredients in a large bowl, then knead them into a chunky mixture.
- Take a tablespoon of chickpea mixture and knead into a 2-inch-thick (5cm) disc, then place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the mixture until you have around 24 fritters.
- Bake the fritters for 8 minutes, then take the baking sheet out of the oven, turn the fritters over and bake for another 8 minutes.
- Take the fritters out of the oven once they’re browned and crispy on the outside. Let them cool down for about a minute.
- Serve the fritters with the optional toppings and enjoy!
- Store the fritters in an airtight container in the fridge, and consume within 3 days. Alternatively, store in the freezer, using Ziploc bags, for a maximum of 60 days and thaw at room temperature. Enjoy the fritters cold or use a microwave, toaster oven, or frying pan to reheat them.
This dish, and 75 other 5-ingredient high-protein recipes are found in ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 86 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘.
Get a 10% discount for the printer-friendly pdf by using the code: PROTEIN
Click here for a full list of International retailers like amazon for the kindle ebook, paperbacks and hardcover versions of the book!