Serves: 8 | Prep Time: ~20 min |
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 212 kcal.
- Carbs: 36.2g.
- Fat: 3.2g.
- Protein: 9.9 g.
- Fiber: 8.1g.
- Sugar: 3.5g.
- 4 cups dry black beans (rinsed, drained)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder (or fresh, minced)
- ¾ cup sweet onion (chopped)
- ½ cup green bell pepper (minced)
- 2 tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp. warm water
- 1 tbsp. chili-garlic paste (see recipe)
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices brown bread (crumbled, ensure it is vegan-friendly)
- 1 cup flour (optional, as needed)
Total number of ingredients: 13
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 175°C.
- Prepare the black beans according to the method.
- Lightly grease a baking tray with olive oil.
- Mash the black beans in a bowl and mix in the onions, bell peppers and garlic.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, warm water, chili-garlic paste, paprika powder, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste well.
- Stir the flour mixture into the black bean mix, add in the bread crumbs and knead until a sticky batter is formed.
- Form the batter into burger patties. Use additional flour to dip both sides of each burger.
- Put the patties on the baking tray.
- Place the tray in the oven. Cook the burgers for about 10 minutes on each side until the middle is cooked and both outsides crispy.
- Serve or store!
|Ziploc bag M/L||Fridge at 38 – 40°F or 3°C||3-4 days after preparation||Reheat in microwave.|
|Ziploc bag M/L||Freezer at -1°F or -20°C||60 days after preparation||Thaw at room temperature. Reheat in microwave.|
Check our plant-based cookbooks out HERE!
Vegan Meal Prep: Tasty Plant-Based Whole Foods Recipes Including a 30-Day Time-Saving Meal Plan
* * *
Plant-Based High-Protein Cookbook: Nutrition Guide With 90+ Delicious Recipes (Including 30-Day Meal Plan)
* * *
51 Plant-Based High-Protein Recipes: For Athletic Performance and Muscle Growth (Plant-Based 51 Book 1)
* * *
51 Plant-Based Whole Foods Recipes: Including Delicious Soy-Free & Gluten-Free Meals (100% Oil-Free) (Plant-Based 51 Book 2)