5-ingredient Sweet Potato Tacos
- 340 g. | 2 cups Black beans cooked or canned
- 200 g. | 1 (7-oz) pack Textured soy mince
- 200 g. | 3 Sweet potatoes small
- 6 Whole wheat tacos
- 40 g. | ¾ cup Mexican chorizo seasoning
- 240 ml. | 1 cup Water
- When using dry beans, soak and cook ⅔ cup (113 g.) of dry black beans according to the method if necessary.
- Cook the sweet potato cubes, covered with water, in a medium pot over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes or until they’re soft. Drain the excess water and set the potatoes aside for now
- Put a non-stick deep frying pan over medium-high heat and add the soy mince, black beans, chorizo seasoning and the cup of water.
- Stir continuously until everything is cooked, then add the cooked sweet potato cubes.
- Turn the heat off and stir occasionally for about 5 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Divide the sweet potato mixture over 6 taco shells, serve with the optional toppings and enjoy!
- Store the sweet potato mixture in an airtight container in the fridge, and consume within 3 days. Alternatively, store in the freezer for a maximum of 30 days and thaw at room temperature. Use a microwave, toaster oven, or non-stick frying pan to reheat the sweet potato mixture.
This dish, and 75 other 5-ingredient high-protein recipes are found in ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 86 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘.
Get a 10% discount for the printer-friendly pdf by using the code: PROTEIN
Click here for a full list of International retailers like amazon for the kindle ebook, paperbacks and hardcover versions of the book!