5-ingredient Smoky Cajun Bowl
- 340 g. | 2 cups Black beans canned or cooked
- 190 g. | 1 cup Quick-cooking brown rice dry
- 200 g. | 1 (7-oz) pack Smoked tofu cubed
- 360 g. | 2 cups Tomato cubes canned or fresh
- 10 g. | 1 tbsp. Cajun spices salt-free
- 60 ml. | ¼ cup Water if using fresh tomatoes
- When using dry beans, soak and cook ⅔ cup (113 g.) of dry black beans according to the method if necessary. Cook the brown rice according to the package instructions.
- Put a non-stick deep frying pan over medium-high heat and add the tofu cubes, tomato cubes and the optional ¼ cup of water.
- Stir occasionally until everything is cooked, then add the black beans, cooked brown rice and Cajun spices.
- Turn the heat off and stir occasionally for about 5 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Divide the smoky Cajun beans and rice between 4 bowls, serve with the optional toppings and enjoy!
- Store the smoky Cajun beans and rice in an airtight container in the fridge, and consume within 3 days. Alternatively, store in the freezer for a maximum of 30 days and thaw at room temperature. Use a microwave, toaster oven, or non-stick frying pan to reheat the smoky Cajun beans and rice.
This dish, and 75 other 5-ingredient high-protein recipes are found in ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 86 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘.
Get a 10% discount for the printer-friendly pdf by using the code: PROTEIN
Click here for a full list of International retailers like amazon for the kindle ebook, paperbacks and hardcover versions of the book!