3-ingredient Black Bean Quinoa Burger
- 180 g. | 1 cup Quinoa dry
- 340 g. | 340 cups Black beans cooked
- 40 g. | ¼ cup Mexican chorizo seasoning
- When using dry beans, soak and cook ⅔ cup (113 g.) of dry black beans according to the method if necessary. Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cooked black beans, quinoa and spices to a food processor and blend into a chunky mixture, scraping down the sides of the food processor to prevent any lumps if necessary.
- Alternatively, add the ingredients to a large bowl and mash them into a chunky mixture.
- Put all of the mixture on the baking sheet, flatten it into a 1-inch-thick square, cut the square into 8 patties and if preferred, shape each patty into a circle before baking.
- Bake the patties for 10 minutes, then take the baking sheet out of the oven, flip the patties and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Take the patties out of the oven once the crust is crispy and browned and let them cool down for about a minute.
- Serve the patties with the optional toppings, whole wheat buns and enjoy!
- Store the patties in an airtight container in the fridge, and consume within 3 days. Alternatively, store each patty separately in the freezer, using Ziploc bags, for a maximum of 60 days and thaw at room temperature. Use a microwave, toaster oven, or frying pan to reheat the patties.
This dish, and 75 other 5-ingredient high-protein recipes are found in ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 86 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘.
Get a 10% discount for the printer-friendly pdf by using the code: PROTEIN
Click here for a full list of International retailers like amazon for the kindle ebook, paperbacks and hardcover versions of the book!