5-ingredient Chocolate Hazelnut Pie
- 150 g. | 1 cup Hazelnuts roasted
- 12 Dates pitted
- 1 Banana large, ripe
- 50 g. | ½ cup Coconut cream
- 50 g. | ½ cup cocoa powder
- Cover the dates with water in a small bowl and let them sit for about 10 minutes. Drain the dates after soaking and make sure no water is left.
- Add the dates and hazelnuts to a food processor and blend into a chunky mixture.
- Use a deep pie dish or a Pyrex bowl and add ⅔ of the hazelnut date mixture, leave ⅓ (4 dates and 50 grams of hazelnuts) of the mixture in the food processor. Press it down firmly into a ¼-inch (1 cm) thick layer on the bottom of the pie dish to create a deep dish pie crust.
- Add 1 banana, the coconut cream, and cocoa powder to the leftover hazelnut mixture in the food processor. Mix until it’s smooth and add more cocoa powder to stiffen up the mix if that’s preferred.
- Scoop the chocolate hazelnut mix with the help of spatula on top of the pie crust and even it out to fill up the pie dish.
- Add the optional toppings and even them out across the pie.
- Cover the pie and put it in the fridge for 2 hours to let the pie firm up before serving.
- Carefully, cut the pie loose around the edges of the pie dish, serve cold and enjoy!
- Store the pie in the fridge, using an airtight container and consume within 3 days. Store the pie in the freezer, for a maximum of 30 days and thaw at room temperature.
Check out our latest cookbook, the ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 86 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘.
Get a 10% discount for the printer-friendly pdf by using the code: PROTEIN
Click here for a full list of International retailers like amazon for the kindle ebook, paperbacks and hardcover versions of the book!