3-ingredient Moroccan Chickpea Rolls
- 1000 g. | 5 cups Chickpeas cooked or canned
- 60 ml. | ¼ cup Coconut milk full-fat
- 40 g. | ¼ cup Ras El Hanout
- When using dry chickpeas, soak and cook 1½ cup (330 g.) of dry chickpeas according to the method if necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the chickpeas and spices to the food processor and slowly process it while pouring in the coconut milk to form a chunky mixture.
- Alternatively, mash the chickpeas and spices together in a large bowl, then add the coconut milk and knead everything into a chunky mixture.
- Grab a handful of chickpea mixture and knead into a log shape, about 4 inches (10 cm) long and 2 inch (5 cm) thick.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture until you have 16 rolls in total.
- Place the chickpea rolls on the baking sheet, then bake for 15 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven, turn the rolls over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Take the rolls out of the oven once they’re browned and crispy on the outside.
- Let them cool down for about a minute.
- Serve the rolls with the optional toppings and enjoy!
- Store the rolls in an airtight container in the fridge, and consume within 3 days. Alternatively, store the rolls in the freezer, using Ziploc bags, for a maximum of 60 days and thaw at room temperature. Enjoy the rolls cold or use a microwave, toaster oven, or frying pan to reheat them.
This dish, and 75 other 5-ingredient high-protein recipes are found in ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 86 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘.
Get a 10% discount for the printer-friendly pdf by using the code: PROTEIN
Click here for a full list of International retailers like amazon for the kindle ebook, paperbacks and hardcover versions of the book!