5-ingredient Mac ‘N’ Mince
- 200 g. | 2 cups Whole wheat macaroni uncooked
- 200 g. | 1 (7-oz) pack Textured soy mince
- 120 g. | ¼ cup Nutritional yeast
- 20 g. | 2 tbsp. Lemon garlic pepper seasoning
- 120 ml. | ⅓ cup Water
- Optional: 20 g. | 2 tbsp. turmeric for food coloring
- Cook the macaroni according to package instructions and set it aside afterwards.
- Put a non-stick deep frying pan over medium high heat and add the soy mince with the ¼ cup of water.
- Stir fry the soy mince until it is cooked and most of the water has evaporated.
- Add the tahini, ¼ cup of water, nutritional yeast, lemon garlic pepper seasoning and the optional turmeric to the soy mince.
- Cook a little longer, stirring continuously, until everything is well combined.
- Add the cooked macaroni to the pan with soy mince and stir thoroughly until the mac ‘n’ mince is mixed well.
- Divide the mac ‘n’ mince between two plates, serve with the optional toppings and enjoy!
- Store the mac ‘n’ mince in an airtight container in the fridge, and consume within 3 days. Alternatively, store it in the freezer for a maximum of 30 days and thaw at room temperature. Use a microwave, toaster oven, or frying pan to reheat the mac ‘n’ mince.
This dish, and 75 other 5-ingredient high-protein recipes are found in ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 86 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘.
Get a 10% discount for the printer-friendly pdf by using the code: PROTEIN
Click here for a full list of International retailers like amazon for the kindle ebook, paperbacks and hardcover versions of the book!