5-ingredient Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- 200 g. | 2 cups Whole wheat pasta uncooked
- 150 g. | 2 cups Mushrooms sliced
- 130 g. | ½ cup Cashew butter
- 40 g. | 4 tbsp. Nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves Garlic finely minced
- 60 ml. | ¼ cup Water
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions and set it aside afterwards.
- Put a non-stick deep frying pan over medium high heat and add the mushrooms, minced garlic and the ¼ cup of water.
- Stir fry the mushrooms until the mushrooms cook in their own liquid and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the cashew butter and nutritional yeast to the mushrooms while stirring continuedly, until everything is well combined and heated through.
- Divide the pasta over two plates, add half of the creamy mushroom sauce to each plate and serve with the optional basil leaves and black pepper and enjoy!
- Store the mushroom pasta in the fridge, using an airtight container and consume within 3 days. Store the mushroom pasta in the freezer, for a maximum of 30 days and thaw at room temperature. Use a microwave, toaster oven, or frying pan to reheat the mushroom pasta.
Check out our latest cookbook, the ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 86 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘.
Get a 10% discount for the printer-friendly pdf by using the code: PROTEIN
Click here for a full list of International retailers like amazon for the kindle ebook, paperbacks and hardcover versions of the book!