5-ingredient Mango Pecan Pie
- 500 g. | 2 ripe Mangoes cubed, frozen or fresh
- 150 g. | 1½ cup Pecans raw, unsalted
- 20 Dates
- 50 g. | ½ cup Shredded coconut
- 65 g. | ½ cup Flaxseeds
- Preheat the oven to 257°F/125°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the pecans on the baking sheet and roast them for about 10 to 15 minutes or until they’re browned and fragrant.
- Meanwhile, cover the dates with water in a small bowl and let them sit for about 10 minutes. Drain the dates after soaking and make sure no water is left.
- Add the dates, roasted pecans and shredded coconut to a food processor and blend into a fine ground mixture.
- Use a deep pie dish or a Pyrex bowl and add the pecan mixture. Press it down firmly into a ¼-inch (0,5 cm) thick layer on the bottom and 1½-inch (4 cm) layer up around the edges of the pie dish to create a deep dish pie crust.
- Clean the food processor first and blend the mango cubes and flaxseeds into a smooth puree after.
- Pour the mango puree with the help of spatula into the pie crust and even it out to fill up the pie crust.
- Cover the mango pecan pie and put it in the fridge for 2 hours to let the mango puree firm up before serving. Serve cold with the optional toppings and enjoy!
- Store the mango pie in the fridge, using an airtight container and consume within 3 days. Store the mango pie in the freezer, for a maximum of 30 days and thaw at room temperature.
Check out our latest cookbook, the ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 86 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘.
Get a 10% discount for the printer-friendly pdf by using the code: PROTEIN
Click here for a full list of International retailers like amazon for the kindle ebook, paperbacks and hardcover versions of the book!