5-ingredient Pasta Tomato Pesto
- 200 g. | 2 cups Whole wheat pasta uncooked
- 100 g. | 1 cup Cashews raw, unsalted
- 45 g. | ¼ cup Black olives
- 40 g. | ¼ cup Nutritional yeast
- 5 Sundried tomatoes
- 60 ml | ¼ cup Water
- Cover the cashews with water in a small bowl and let them sit for 4 hours. Drain the cashews after soaking and make sure no water is left. Alternatively, for a shorter soaking time, put the cashews for 15 minutes in very hot water (not boiling).
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions and set it aside afterwards,
- Add the soaked cashews, olives, nutritional yeast, sundried tomatoes and water to a highspeed blender.
- Blend into a smooth mixture and scrape down the sides of the blender container if necessary.
- Transfer the blended pesto to a piping bag, divide the cooked pasta between 2 plates and add half of the pesto to each plate. Without a piping bag, add the pesto to the pot with pasta and stir thoroughly before serving.
- Serve with the optional basil leaves, sprinkle some extra nutritional yeast on top of the pasta and enjoy!
- Store the pasta pesto in the fridge, using an airtight container and consume within 3 days. Store the pasta pesto in the freezer, for a maximum of 30 days and thaw at room temperature. The pasta pesto can be eaten cold or reheated in a microwave.
Check out our latest cookbook, the ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 86 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘.
Get a 10% discount for the printer-friendly pdf by using the code: PROTEIN
Click here for a full list of International retailers like amazon for the kindle ebook, paperbacks and hardcover versions of the book!