Serves: 1 block/ 15 wedge slices | Prep Time: ~25 minutes |
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 133 kcal.
- Carbs: 5.6g.
- Fat: 10.9g.
- Protein: 3g.
- Fiber: 0.6g.
- Sugar: 1.1g.
200 g. | 2 cups
- Raw cashews
7 ml. | ½ tbsp.
- Balsamic vinegar
40 g. | ¼ cup
- Nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
Total number of ingredients: 5
- Fill a medium pot with water and put it on the stove over medium heat.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Continue to boil the cashews in the pot for up to 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, strain the cashews and drain the excess water.
- Place the cashews in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Reuse the same pot and bring the almond milk, olive oil, the optional nutritional yeast and vinegar to a simmer.
- After 2 minutes, place the almond milk, olive oil and vinegar in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly blend in the crushed cashews and stir the mixture into a smooth puree.
- Mold into a block of cheese.
- Enjoy or store!
|Airtight container M or Ziploc bag||Fridge at 38 – 40°F or 3°C
|3-4 days after preparation|
|Airtight container M or Ziploc bag||Freezer at -1°F or -20°C||60 days after preparation||Thaw at room temperature.|