Serves: 10 | Prep Time: ~45 min |
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 77 kcal.
- Carbs: 4.2g.
- Fat: 4.1g.
- Protein: 2.5g.
- Fiber: 1.6g.
- Sugar: 2.2g.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 sweet onion (large, finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 6 cups Portobello mushrooms (chopped)
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 cup vegetable broth (see recipe)
- ½ tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup basil leaves (chopped)
- ¼ cup no-salt cream cheese (see recipe)
- ¼ cup parsley (optional, chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Total number of ingredients: 10
- Take a large pot and put it on medium heat.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil while stirring.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste and stir.
- Mix in the mushrooms and turn up the heat a bit.
- Cook and stir the mushrooms until most of the liquid in it has evaporated.
- Add the red wine. Turn the heat up to medium-high and cook the ragout until most of the wine is evaporated.
- Add the vegetable broth and stir thoroughly.
- Blend in the nutritional yeast and cook the ragout for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped basil and the no-salt cream cheese.
- Lower the heat and keep stirring until the ragout simmers.
- Keep stirring occasionally for about 5 more minutes and add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the heat off and set aside for about minutes to let the ragout cool down a bit.
- Garnish with the optional parsley before serving and enjoy while warm or store.
Note: No-Salt Cream Cheese (see recipe) can be substituted with regular cashew butter!
|Fridge at 38 – 40°F or 3°C||2-3 days after preparation||Reheat in pot or microwave|
|Freezer at -1°F or -20°C||60 days after preparation||Thaw at room temperature. Reheat in pot or microwave|
Tip: add in tofu or tempeh with the red wine to add extra protein to the recipe and serve with bread for dipping!
Check out our plant-based cookbooks HERE!
Vegan Meal Prep: Tasty Plant-Based Whole Foods Recipes Including a 30-Day Time-Saving Meal Plan
* * *
Plant-Based High-Protein Cookbook: Nutrition Guide With 90+ Delicious Recipes (Including 30-Day Meal Plan)
* * *
51 Plant-Based High-Protein Recipes: For Athletic Performance and Muscle Growth (Plant-Based 51 Book 1)
* * *