280 g. | 2 cups
- 10 dates
40 g. | 4 tbsp.
- 5-spice powder
60 g. | 2 scoops
- organic soy isolate
40 g. | 4-inch piece
(can be substituted with pea protein)
(can be substituted with sunflower seeds)
|Serves: 8 bars||Cook: 15 mins||Total: 30 mins|
- Preheat the oven to 257°F/125°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the almonds on the baking sheet and roast them for about 10 to 15 minutes or until they’re fragrant.
- Meanwhile, cover the dates with water in a small bowl and let them sit for about 10 minutes. Drain the dates after soaking and make sure no water is left.
- Add the almonds, dates, ginger, protein powder and 5-spice powder to a food processor and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Add the almond mixture to the loaf pan, spread it out and press it down firmly into a 1-inch (2,5 cm) thick square.
- Put the loaf pan in the fridge for about 45 minutes, until the square has firmed up.
- Divide the square into 8 bars, serve cold and enjoy!
- Alternatively, store the bars in the fridge, using an airtight container and consume within 6 days. Store in the freezer for a maximum of 90 days and thaw the at room temperature.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
|Calories: 263||Carbs: 8.9 g.||Fat: 18.2 g.||Protein: 16.1 g.||Fiber: 3.7 g.||Sugar: 6.9 g.|
This dish, and 75 other 5-ingredient high-protein recipes are found in ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 76 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘ that will be released in November 2019.
Click here for a full list of International retailers (http://happyhealthygreen.life/cookbooks/5-ingredient-high-protein-cookbook)