200 g. | 2 cups
- 10 dates
60 g. | 2 scoops
- organic pea protein
- 1 organic lemon
10 ml. | 1 tsp.
- vanilla extract
(can be substituted with sunflower seeds)
|Serves: 8||Cook: 15 mins||Total: 30 mins|
- Preheat the oven to 257°F/125°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the cashews on the baking sheet and roast them for about 10 to 15 minutes or until they’re fragrant.
- Meanwhile, cover the dates with water in a small bowl and let them sit for about 10 minutes. Drain the dates after soaking and make sure no water is left.
- Rinse and scrub the lemon lightly to clean it.
- Add the cashews, dates, pea protein, the whole lemon and vanilla extract to a food processor and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Add the cashew mixture to the loaf pan, spread it out and press it down firmly into a 1-inch (2,5 cm) thick square.
- Put the loaf pan in the fridge for about 45 minutes, until the square has firmed up.
- Divide the square into 8 bars, serve cold and enjoy!
- Alternatively, store the bars in the fridge, using an airtight container and consume within 6 days. Store in the freezer for a maximum of 90 days and thaw the at room temperature.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
|Calories: 209||Carbs: 11.6 g.||Fat: 13.1 g.||Protein: 11.2 g.||Fiber: 3.25 g.||Sugar: 7.4 g.|
This dish, and 75 other 5-ingredient high-protein recipes are found in ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 76 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘ that will be released in November 2019.
Click here for a full list of International retailers (http://happyhealthygreen.life/cookbooks/5-ingredient-high-protein-cookbook)