400 g. | 1 14-oz pack
60 ml. | ¼ cup
- teriyaki sauce
- 1 small red onion
50 g. | 1 cup
4 large leaves
- Chili flakes
- Pickled cabbage
- Peanut butter
(can be substituted with chickpea tempeh)
|Serves: 4||Cook:||Total: 25 mins|
- Cut the tempeh into small cubes, put them into an airtight container and add the teriyaki sauce.
- Close the airtight container, shake well and put it in the fridge, allowing the tempeh to marinate for 1 hour up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the tempeh cubes onto the baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until the tempeh is browned and crispy.
- Lay out 4 large lettuce leaves, add a quarter or the tempeh to each leaf, top it with the minced red onion and julienned carrots.
- Serve with the optional toppings and enjoy!
- Store the tempeh in the fridge, using an airtight container and consume within 2 days. Store the tempeh in the freezer, for a maximum of 60 days and thaw at room temperature. The tempeh can be served cold or reheated in a toaster oven or a non-stick frying pan.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
|Calories: 226||Carbs: 8.1 g.||Fat: 9.65 g.||Protein: 24 g.||Fiber: 6.4 g.||Sugar: 4.2 g.|
This dish, and 75 other 5-ingredient high-protein recipes are found in ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 76 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘ that will be released in November 2019.
Click here for a full list of International retailers (http://happyhealthygreen.life/cookbooks/5-ingredient-high-protein-cookbook)