130 g. | ⅔ cup
- dry green lentils
150 g. | 2 cups
- button mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
960 ml. | 4 cups
- vegetable stock
40 g. | ¼ cup
- dried thyme
- Black pepper
- Sundried tomatoes
|Serves: 4||Cook: 25 mins||Total: 35 mins|
- Put a large pot over medium-high heat and add the vegetable stock along with the green lentils to the pot.
- Bring the water to a boil and turn the heat down to medium.
- Cook the lentils for about 15 minutes, don’t cover the pot, remove the foam produced by the lentils and stir occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme to the pot, bring the heat down to a simmer, cover the pot with a lid and let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the stem, seeds and placenta of the bell pepper and dice the bell pepper.
- Add the bell pepper, make sure to stir well and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and let the soup cool down for 5 minutes.
- Divide over two bowls, serve with the optional toppings and enjoy!
- Store the soup in the fridge, using an airtight container and consume within 2 days. Store in the freezer, for a maximum of 60 days and thaw at room temperature. The soup can be reheated in a pot or the microwave.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
|Calories: 146||Carbs: 24.9 g.||Fat: 0.7 g.||Protein: 10.1 g.||Fiber: 12.4 g.||Sugar: 0.65 g.|
This dish, and 75 other 5-ingredient high-protein recipes are found in ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 76 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘ that will be released in November 2019.
Click here for a full list of International retailers (http://happyhealthygreen.life/cookbooks/5-ingredient-high-protein-cookbook)