300 g. | 1½ cup
- red lentils
200 g. | 2 cups
- whole wheat pasta
20 g. | 2 tbsp.
(fresh or frozen)
150 g. | ½ cup
60 ml. | ¼ cup
- lemon juice
60 ml. | ¼ cup
- Fresh Basil
- Cashew Cream Cheese
- Black olives
(can be substituted with lentil pasta)
|Serves: 4||Cook: 15 mins||Total: 30 mins|
- When using dry lentils, soak and cook ½ cup of dry lentils according to the method if necessary.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions, drain the water with a strainer and set the pasta aside afterwards.
- When using fresh rosemary, remove the stem and chop the rosemary leaves into tiny bits.
- Put a non-stick deep frying pan over medium-high heat and add the lentils, rosemary, half of the lemon juice, the water and half of the pistachios.
- Stir occasionally using a spatula until everything cooks and let it cook for about 5 minutes until most of the liquid has evaproated.
- Turn off the heat and let the pasta cool down a bit.
- Crush the remaining pistachios and divide the pasta and lentils over 2 plates.
- Drizzle with remaining lemon juice and garnish with the crushed pistachios.
- Serve the pasta with the optional toppings and enjoy!
- Store the pasta in the fridge, using an airtight container and consume within 3 days. Store the pasta in the freezer, using Ziploc bags, for a maximum of 60 days and thaw at room temperature. Use a microwave, toaster oven, or frying pan to reheat the pasta or enjoy it cold.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
|Calories: 299||Carbs: 43 g.||Fat: 8 g.||Protein: 13.6 g.||Fiber: 9.8 g.||Sugar: 3.7 g.|
This dish, and 75 other 5-ingredient high-protein recipes are found in ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 76 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘ that will be released in November 2019.
Click here for a full list of International retailers (http://happyhealthygreen.life/cookbooks/5-ingredient-high-protein-cookbook)