440 g. | 2 cups
- Soaked split peas
200 g. | 7-oz pack
- Smoked tofu
1200 ml. | 5 cups
- Vegetable stock
- 2 small onions
- 4 carrots
- Black pepper
- Lemon juice
|Serves: 4||Cook: 50 mins||Total: 60 mins|
- Put a large pot over medium-high heat, add the vegetable stock, the water and the split peas to the pot.
- Bring the water to a boil and turn the heat down to medium.
- Cook the split peas for about 40 minutes and don’t cover the pot.
- Remove the foam produced by the peas and stir occasionally.
- Add the smoked tofu cubes, carrots and onions to the pot, bring the heat down to a simmer, cover the pot with a lid, let it simmer for another 20 minutes and make sure to stir occasionally.
- Divide the soup over two bowls, serve with the optional toppings and enjoy!
- Turn the heat off and let the soup cool down for 5 minutes.
- Store the soup in the fridge, using an airtight container and consume within 2 days. Store in the freezer, for a maximum of 60 days and thaw at room temperature. The soup can be reheated in a pot or the microwave.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
|Calories: 178||Carbs: 13.7 g.||Fat: 4.3 g.||Protein: 21.2 g.||Fiber: 16.7 g.||Sugar: 8.9 g.|
This dish, and 75 other 5-ingredient high-protein recipes are found in ‘5-Ingredient Plant-Based Cookbook: 76 Easy & Delicious High-Protein Recipes‘ that will be released in November 2019.
Click here for a full list of International retailers (http://happyhealthygreen.life/cookbooks/5-ingredient-high-protein-cookbook)