Serves: 8 bars | Prepping Time: ~ 120 mins. |
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 230 kcal
- Carbs: 19.9g.
- Fat: 15.2g.
- Protein: 5.5g.
- Fiber: 3.9g.
- Sugar: 11.9g.
- [200 g.] 2 cups raw cashews (unsalted)
- 14 dates (pitted)
- [125 g.]1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- [80 g.]1 cup shredded coconut
- [10 ml.] 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Shredded coconut
- Mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
Total number of groceries: 5
- Cover the cashews with water in a small bowl and let them sit for 4 hours. Drain the cashews after soaking and make sure no water is left. Alternatively, for a shorter soaking time, put the cashews for 15 minutes in very hot water (not boiling).
- Meanwhile, cover the dates with water in a small bowl and let them sit for about 10 minutes. Drain the dates after soaking and make sure no water is left.
- Add the dates and 1 cup of soaked cashews to a food processor and blend into a chunky mixture.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Add the cashew date mixture to the loaf pan, spread it out and press it down firmly into a ¼-inch (1 cm) crust.
- Clean the food processor first and add the other cup of soaked cashews, raspberries, shredded coconut and vanilla extract. Process them into a smooth and airy cream.
- Scoop the raspberry cream with the help of spatula on top of the pie crust and even it out into an even layer to fill up the loaf pan.
- Cover the loaf pan and put it in the fridge for 2 hours to let the raspberry cream firm up.
- Take out the parchment paper from the loaf pan, divide the raspberry cream dough into 8 bars, serve cold with the optional toppings and enjoy!
- Store the bars in the fridge, using an airtight container and consume within 3 days. Store the bars in the freezer, using Ziploc bags, for a maximum of 30 days. Thaw the bars at room temperature.
Check out our plant-based cookbooks HERE!
Vegan Meal Prep: Tasty Plant-Based Whole Foods Recipes Including a 30-Day Time-Saving Meal Plan
* * *
Plant-Based High-Protein Cookbook: Nutrition Guide With 90+ Delicious Recipes (Including 30-Day Meal Plan)
* * *
51 Plant-Based High-Protein Recipes: For Athletic Performance and Muscle Growth (Plant-Based 51 Book 1)
* * *