Serves: 12 | Prep Time: ~25 min |
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 97 kcal.
- Carbs: 13g.
- Fat: 3g.
- Protein: 4.6g.
- Fiber: 3.5g.
- Sugar: 2.5g.
- 3 cups of dry chickpeas
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. tahini
- ½ cup water
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded, diced)
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice (more to taste)
- ½ tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
Total number of ingredients: 8
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- Prepare the chickpeas according to the method.
- Add most of the cooked chickpeas, olive oil, tahini and the water to a blender.
- Blend the ingredients for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Broil the red bell pepper slices in the oven on a tray for about 10 minutes.
- Allow the roasted red bell pepper slices to cool.
- Throw the red bell pepper slices and the other remaining ingredients into the blender.
- Blend all the ingredients until all ingredients are incorporated and the hummus is smooth.
- Transfer the hummus to a container and top it with some additional olive oil, cooked chickpeas and salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy, share or store for later!
|Airtight container M/L||Fridge at 38 – 40°F or 3°C
|4-5 days after preparation|
|Airtight container M/L||Freezer at -1°F or -20°C||60 days after preparation||Thaw at room temperature.|
Check out our plant-based cookbooks HERE!
Vegan Meal Prep: Tasty Plant-Based Whole Foods Recipes Including a 30-Day Time-Saving Meal Plan
* * *
Plant-Based High-Protein Cookbook: Nutrition Guide With 90+ Delicious Recipes (Including 30-Day Meal Plan)
* * *
51 Plant-Based High-Protein Recipes: For Athletic Performance and Muscle Growth (Plant-Based 51 Book 1)
* * *
51 Plant-Based Whole Foods Recipes: Including Delicious Soy-Free & Gluten-Free Meals (100% Oil-Free) (Plant-Based 51 Book 2)