Serves: 4 | Prepping Time: ~ 30 mins. | *high-protein
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 272 kcal
- Carbs: 33g.
- Fat: 10.9g.
- Protein: 18g.
- Fiber: 10.3g.
- Sugar: 9.3g.
- [400 g.] 4 cups black beans (cooked or canned)
- [200 g.] 1 (7-oz) pack smoked tofu (cubed)
- [190 g.] 1 cup dry brown rice
- [360 g.] 2 cups tomato cubes (canned or fresh)
- [10 g.] 1 tbsp. salt-free Cajun spices
- Optional: ¼ cup of water (if using fresh tomatoes)
- Jalapeno slices
- Chopped cilantro
- Avocado slices
Total number of groceries: 5
- Soak and cook 1½ cup of dry black beans according to the method if necessary. Cook 1 cup of brown rice according to the recipe.
- Put a non-stick deep frying pan over medium-high heat and add the tofu cubes, tomato cubes and the optional ¼ cup of water.
- Stir occasionally until everything cooks and add the black beans, cooked brown rice and Cajun spices.
- Turn the heat off and stir occasionally for about 5 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Divide the smokey Cajun beans and rice over 4 bowls, serve with the optional avocado, cilantro or jalapenos and enjoy!
- Store the smokey Cajun beans and rice in the fridge, using an airtight container and consume within 3 days. Store the smokey Cajun beans and rice in the freezer, for a maximum of 30 days and thaw at room temperature. Use a microwave, toaster oven, or a non-stick frying pan to reheat the smokey Cajun beans.
Check out our plant-based cookbooks HERE!
Vegan Meal Prep: Tasty Plant-Based Whole Foods Recipes Including a 30-Day Time-Saving Meal Plan
* * *
Plant-Based High-Protein Cookbook: Nutrition Guide With 90+ Delicious Recipes (Including 30-Day Meal Plan)
* * *
51 Plant-Based High-Protein Recipes: For Athletic Performance and Muscle Growth (Plant-Based 51 Book 1)
* * *