Serves: 4 (approx. 16 rolls) | Prepping Time: ~35 min | *high-protein
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 318 kcal
- Carbs: 34.2g.
- Fat: 10.7g.
- Protein: 19g.
- Fiber: 13.5g.
- Sugar: 0g.
- [1000 g.] 10 cups chickpeas (canned or cooked)
- [60 ml.] ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- [40 g.] 4 tbsp. Ras El Hanout (see recipe)
Total number of groceries: 3
- Prepare and cook 3 cups of dry chickpeas according to the method if necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the chickpeas and spices to the food processor and slowly process it while pouring in the coconut milk into a chunky mixture.
- Alternatively, mash the chickpeas and spices together in a large bowl, add the coconut milk and knead them into a chunky mixture.
- Grab a handful of chickpea mixture and knead into a log shape, about 4 inches (10 cm) long and 2 inch (5 cm) thick.
- Place the chickpea rolls on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, take the baking sheet out of the oven, turn the rolls over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Take the rolls out of the oven once they’re browned and crispy on the outside and let them cool down for about a minute.
- Serve the rolls with the optional toppings and enjoy!
- Store the rolls in the fridge, using an airtight container and consume within 3 days. Store the rolls in the freezer, using Ziploc bags, for a maximum of 60 days and thaw at room temperature. Use a microwave, toaster oven, or frying pan to reheat the rolls or enjoy them cold.
Check out our plant-based cookbooks HERE!
Vegan Meal Prep: Tasty Plant-Based Whole Foods Recipes Including a 30-Day Time-Saving Meal Plan
* * *
Plant-Based High-Protein Cookbook: Nutrition Guide With 90+ Delicious Recipes (Including 30-Day Meal Plan)
* * *
51 Plant-Based High-Protein Recipes: For Athletic Performance and Muscle Growth (Plant-Based 51 Book 1)
* * *