Serves: 9 | Prepping Time: ~30 min | *high-protein
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 171 kcal
- Carbs: 16.1g.
- Fat: 7.8g.
- Protein: 14.7g.
- Fiber: 6.6g.
- Sugar: 2.4g.
- [600 g.] 6 cups split peas (cooked)
- [400 g.] 1 14-oz pack tempeh
- [125 ml.] ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- [30 g.] 3 tbsp. ground flaxseeds.
- [30 g.] 3 tbsp. burger spices (see recipe)
- Spicy tahini dressing (see recipe)
- Pickled cabbage
- Red onion
Total number of groceries: 5
- Prepare and cook the split peas according to the method.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the tempeh to a food processor and blend into a chunky mixture, scrape down the sides of the food processor to prevent any lumps if necessary.
- Add the split peas, spices and ground flaxseed to the food processor and slowly process it with tempeh while pouring in the coconut milk into a chunky mixture.
- Alternatively, crumble the tempeh by hand in a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients and knead them into a chunky mixture.
- Put all of the mixture on the baking sheet, flatten it into a 1-inch square, cut the square into 8 patties and if preferred, shape each patty into a circle before baking.
- Bake the patties for 15 minutes, take the baking sheet out of the oven, flip the patties and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Take the patties out of the oven once the crust is crispy and browned and let them cool down for about a minute.
- Serve the patties with the optional toppings, whole wheat buns and enjoy!
- Store the patties in the fridge, using an airtight container and consume within 3 days. Store each patty separately in the freezer, using Ziploc bags, for a maximum of 60 days and thaw at room temperature. Use a microwave, toaster oven, or frying pan to reheat the patties.
Tip: Add some sundried tomatoes to the patty mixture.
Check out our plant-based cookbooks HERE!
Vegan Meal Prep: Tasty Plant-Based Whole Foods Recipes Including a 30-Day Time-Saving Meal Plan
* * *
Plant-Based High-Protein Cookbook: Nutrition Guide With 90+ Delicious Recipes (Including 30-Day Meal Plan)
* * *
51 Plant-Based High-Protein Recipes: For Athletic Performance and Muscle Growth (Plant-Based 51 Book 1)
* * *