Simple 5-ingredient baba ganoush that doesn’t require a grill or gas stove. This new method saves you time and energy and is JUST as delicious – if not more – than the original. Naturally vegan and gluten-free.
Serves: 1 | Prepping Time: ~25 min |
- 1 medium or 3/4 of a large eggplant
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- sea salt
- olive oil (for roasting)
Tip: Add 2 tablespoons choppedfresh cilantro, parsley or basil!
Total number of ingredients: 6+
- Preheat oven to high broil (or medium if you have the ability) and position a rack at the top of the oven.
- Slice your eggplant into 1/4 inch rounds and sprinkle with sea salt and place in a colander in the sink to drain any excess liquid. After 10 minutes, rinse slightly and then pat dry between two towels.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Roast for 5-10 minutes, turning once or twice, until the eggplant is softened and golden brown. Remove from pan, stack and wrap the rounds in foil to lock in moisture – wait 5 minutes.
- Peel away most of the skin of the eggplant (a little is OK) and add flesh to a food processor. It should be soft and tender and the skin should come off easy.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, tahini, a pinch of salt and mix until creamy. Add herbs last and pulse to incorporate. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. I added a bit more tahini and another pinch of salt.
- Serve with pita and/or pita chips and veggies. Will keep covered in the fridge for several days.
- Calories: 86kcal
- Carbs: 7g
- Fat: 6.3g
- Protein: 2g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 2.4g
Check out our plant-based cookbooks HERE!
Vegan Meal Prep: Tasty Plant-Based Whole Foods Recipes Including a 30-Day Time-Saving Meal Plan
* * *
Vegan Meal Prep: 30-Day Plant-Based High-Protein & Fitness Meal Plan (including 90+ recipes)
* * *
51 Plant-Based High-Protein Recipes: For Athletic Performance and Muscle Growth (Plant-Based 51 Book 1)
* * *
51 Plant-Based Whole Foods Recipes: Including Delicious Soy-Free & Gluten-Free Meals (100% Oil-Free) (Plant-Based 51 Book 2)